Thursday, January 21, 2010

Need help

Hello friends,
I definitely need a little help. I am trying to 'get back with it' since the holiday season ended and am having difficulty feeling full. I think maybe I need to eat more protein, even as a snack. I need your suggestions on ideas for protein snacks as well as motivation to get back on track. I have started my workouts again at the Rec Center at K-State, but have not been able to walk much in the park or neighborhood because of snow and mud. AND, my body feels nasty right now because I am having one of those phases of serious joint pain from my anti-estrogen medications. As you can tell by this post, I am feeling awful and need some sisterhood help. Maybe it is because I haven't seen the sun in weeks?
Mary Kay

4 comments:

  1. Me too, me too! I have yet to weight since the new year. I'm a bit afraid.

    One of my favorite snacks is a wheat pita (by Western Bagel) with some hummus.

    I also learned at a WW meeting that when you think you are hungry, drink a glass of water. Sometimes you are just needing some water so it will take care of the "hunger," but if you still feel hungry after the water it is probably true hunger.

    Tomorrow is our day---let's stay on plan.
    Kelly T

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, so how did you do yesterday? I did not so good. I always do good in the AM and usually lunch is OK--it was the cake someone left in the work room at school and then the Hunnington Chicken Susan made for supper that did me in.

    I'm off to a good start again today. Had my multigrain cheerios with skim milk for breakfast. Now I am going to try to sneak in the next room and weigh myself on the Wii Fit--hopefully the kids won't notice.

    Tonight may not be good. Yummy BHC for dinner. But, I am going to try and be good and save lots of points.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy and I went to Lincoln, Nebraska, Friday night and ate with brother-in-law Harvey and nephew Rob. I ordered grilled talapia with wild rice - that was ok, but I did eat plenty of spinach/artichoke dip before the meal. Then we went to the K-State/Nebraska women's game on Saturday morning with Nancy's sister Jane - we lost. After the game, we went to Red Robin with Jane and Sara and I had deep-fried (yikes) cod and an apple. I did eat the spinach/artichoke dip before the meal, again. AND, I ate a candy bar on the way home! What was I thinking???

    Kelly, I hope you did better at BHC than I did this weekend. By the way, wish I was there for the post-harvest celebration.
    MK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's see....do you suppose BHC's blue cheese salad dressing packs a few WW points? So, I loaded up on the Blue cheese but I did pass on the fried catfish (very tempting) and stuck with pork loin. I was also good enough to pass on the bacon wrap. I did lick every last bit of my twice baked potato from the plate. So, I tried to be good but let myself go a litte. Oh, and I had a piece of birthday cake that night.
    Now today I have been pretty good.

    ReplyDelete