Sunday, January 10, 2010

Tutti Frutti Biscuits

Good Sunday morning! Weekends give me time to do the things that I like....quilt and cook! Notice exercise was't listed...more about that later! I also like to garden but well, frankly that hasn't crossed my mind with the freezing temperature! So today I made a great recipe from the Hungry Girl Cookbook that I got for Christmas from Jody. I love the book. It is easy and doable...hope that is a word, Mary Kay! Anyway the recipe is called Tutti Frutti Biscuits. It is worth 2 Points for WW. It makes 4 biscuits so I had two today and 2 saved for Monday. I need to hide them from Greg!

2/3 cup canned bite sized fruit coctail packed in juice, drained well(this is important)
2/3 cup regular oats(not instant)
1/3 cup Bisquick Heart Smart baking mix
1/4 cup light vanilla soymilk(I used Blue Diamond Almond Breeze)
2 T. apricot preserves(I think any favor would work)
1T splenda
1T brown sugar(not packed)
2 t. light whipped butter melted and cooled
3/4 t baking powder
Dash salt
Mix preserves with drained fruit cocktail. Set aside. Mix all dry ingredients then add fruit and milk. Mound into four cookies. Bake at 425 for about 12 minutes until firm and slightly browned. I used parchment paper on my cookie sheet and they came off great! I also think you could use 1% or skim milk in place of soymilk or Almond Breeze. More about the Almond Breeze in another post...watch for it! These take a little time but I think you will feel like you are having a treat and isn't that what this is all about....being able to maintain eating healthy and not feel deprived!

If this seems like a lot of ingredients that you don't have just make a list the next time you are going to the store and get the needed items. I will post more recipes that use them ! I also think you could use any fruit packed in water like peaches.

You know that exercise thing I mentioned well I am getting back on the Nordic Track. I do like how I feel when I am faithful so I will let you know how I am doing in the next post. Happy Sunday.

Debbie

PS I need to get one of those clickers that Kelly has....you are right........ makes you think twice about putting a Hershey's Kiss in your mouth when you have to CLICK IT!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment