Friday, January 1, 2010

The First Post of the Sisterhood Blog!

The First Post of the Sisterhood Blog - One of my motivations in starting this blog is to maintain my 'changed' eating habits that resulted in my 30 pound weight loss since August. I am trying to look at my change as a lifestyle change rather than a diet because the word diet suggests short term change and then a return to normal eating habits. Well, it is the 'normal' eating habits that have resulted in my current weight and fitness level. So, I am looking for motivation to maintain this lifestyle change beyond just a few months. I have lost 20-30 pounds many times in my life by going on a diet and then gaining 30-40 pounds by reverting to normal eating. This is my personal challenge - to maintain healthy eating habits that will result in weight loss and improved health. So, the weight loss can't be the only focus, it is part of a journey to overall health - physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual. It reminds me of the saying - my body is my temple.

I hope you will share your thoughts and ideas on this blog so that we can learn from each other and find motivation from each other. We are a COMMUNITY and we have so much to share with one another.

Welcome to the community of the Siefers' sisterhood blog.
Mary Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment