Tuesday, February 9, 2010

First Session with the Personal Trainer

The first meeting with my personal trainer this morning was just a fitness assessment. Guess what, I didn't do too well. Are you surprised about that? I am not. Here it goes: blood pressure is good; cardiovascular is very low; flexibility is fair to average; strength is excellent (yeah); Body age says I am 54 when my actual age is 29, oops I mean 49; my BMI is 37.4; and my Fat % is 50. Yes friends, I am 50% FAT. At least if I am shipwrecked at sea, I know I will float longer that any of you. Or, if we have a potato famine, I will have a good chance living off my body reserves until the weather improves. Or, if we are in a rolling-down-a-hill contest, I will probably win first prize with my round body over you flat bodied folks. Take that skinny friends. What a way to start my Tuesday!

Actually I am not surprised at any of the numbers. I have my first actual workout with Janalee (that is my personal trainer's name, she is a sophomore at K-State majoring in nutrition and kinesiology ) on Thursday evening. So, I will let you know how things go after that.

How are you doing on your fitness journey? Yes, I expect you to answer.
Mary Kay

1 comment:

  1. I had an appointment with my Wii Fit a few nights ago. I suppose I should be in there with it now instead of sitting in a chair with my computer. Maybe I will go do that before I hit the hay tonight.

    ReplyDelete